News
First close-up look at Tesla’s Model 3 interior in production-ready form
Following this week’s sighting of a very refined looking blue Tesla Model 3 driving near the company’s Silicon Valley headquarters, the vehicle was sighted once again this time giving us a first close-up look at a very production-ready Model 3 interior.
The blue Tesla Model 3 was spotted on Thursday shortly before 4pm local time driving away from Tesla HQ and coming to a stop at the intersection of Arastradero road and Purrsima. It’s the very same road we first captured on video a black Model 3 doing a very spirited drive with a BMW chase car. However, unlike previous sightings of the highly anticipated electric car, Thursday’s sighting takes place while being directly next to the vehicle.
Teslarati obtained the following never-before-seen photos showing a close-up look at what’s presumably the final version of the Model 3 dashboard. As noted by Chief Elon Musk earlier this month, the dashboard doesn’t have a heads up display – much to the disappointment of HUD hopefuls worldwide. Noticeably present is the large landscape mounted center infotainment system which will also act as the main command center to the vehicle. The thin touchscreen device framed by what appears to be a hard plastic bezel with rounded corners rests several inches away from a shallow dashboard.
Tesla Model 3 drivers will not have an instrument cluster with speedometer. After all, Elon Musk says “you won’t care“. Nor will there be a “hump” on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel. Some Tesla community members speculated that there would be some form of an instrument cluster, after seeing a rounded dashboard protrusion appear on a rendering showing a Tesla Model 3 under a Supercharger with solar canopy.
In its place is a streamlined and simple looking horizontal strip of seemingly functionless interior trim. With the expectation that Model 3 will one day be fully self-driving, Tesla could eventually use the area as a storage compartment for passengers in the non-driving driver’s seat.
A large digital readout resembling that of an oversized analog speedometer appears on the left side of the infotainment system and occupies nearly a third of the overall screen size.
Also seen in our spy shots is a bamboo style interior finish that’s currently not available on either the Model S or Model X. The interior trim decor is angled on a downward slope away from the vehicle’s ventilation system that’s located directly above and runs the full width of the dashboard.
We’re also getting a clear look at how the steering wheel is mounted which swoops in and around the bottom section of the dashboard.
The center console of the Model 3 remains largely the same as early Alpha cars that we’ve seen. Two cupholders have been provisioned into the center console storage unit which appears to have pull handles similar to that of the Model S and Model X console.
Lastly, we’re seeing what appears to be the final trunk and glass roof design. Though black tape is seen across the entire car masking off any gaps between body panels and doors – presumably as engineers perform quality assurance wind testing – the Model 3, overall, appears to be very well-finished.
The rear defroster lines can be seen on the rear windshield leading to two unknown circular marks on the glass roof. A horizontal rear brake light can be seen mounted towards the bottom of the rear windshield.
Musk has said that the first deliveries of Model 3 will be the simpler rear wheel drive configuration followed by the dual motor variant and performance version in late 2017 and into 2018. With only a couple of months left before Tesla is expected to begin low volume production of the first Model 3 variants, we suspect that there will be very few updates, if any, to come. Tesla is expected to hold a Model 3 launch event in July.
Have you spotted a Model 3? Be sure to send us a tip at tips@teslarati.com or DM us on @Twitter or Facebook.
A big thanks to Wayne for providing Teslarati with the following exclusive photos. We’ve stitched together Wayne’s photos to create an animation that shows his perspective of the oncoming Model 3.
Cybertruck
Tesla Cybertruck’s newest trim will undergo massive change in ten days, Musk says
It appears as if the new All-Wheel-Drive trim of Cybertruck won’t be around for too long, however. Elon Musk revealed this morning that it will be around “only for the next 10 days.”
Tesla’s new Cybertruck trim has already gotten the axe from CEO Elon Musk, who said the All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the all-electric pickup will only be available “for the next ten days.”
Musk could mean the price, which is $59,990, or the availability of the trim altogether.
Last night, Tesla launched the All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the Cybertruck, a pickup that comes in at less than $60,000 and features a competitive range and features that are not far off from the offerings of the premium trim.
Tesla launches new Cybertruck trim with more features than ever for a low price
It was a nice surprise from Tesla, considering that last year, it offered a Rear-Wheel-Drive trim of the Cybertruck that only lasted a few months. It had extremely underwhelming demand because it was only $10,000 cheaper than the next trim level up, and it was missing a significant number of premium features.
Simply put, it was not worth the money. Tesla killed the RWD Cybertruck just a few months after offering it.
With the news that Tesla was offering this All-Wheel-Drive configuration of the Cybertruck, many fans and consumers were encouraged. The Cybertruck has been an underwhelming seller, and this seemed to be a lot of truck for the price when looking at its features:
- Dual Motor AWD w/ est. 325 mi of range
- Powered tonneau cover
- Bed outlets (2x 120V + 1x 240V) & Powershare capability
- Coil springs w/ adaptive damping
- Heated first-row seats w/ textile material that is easy to clean
- Steer-by-wire & Four Wheel Steering
- 6’ x 4’ composite bed
- Towing capacity of up to 7,500 lbs
- Powered frunk
It appears as if this trim of Cybertruck won’t be around for too long, however. Musk revealed this morning that it will be around “only for the next 10 days.”
Only for the next 10 days https://t.co/82JnvZQGh2
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 20, 2026
Musk could mean the price of the truck and not necessarily the ability to order it. However, most are taking it as a cancellation.
If it is, in fact, a short-term availability decision, it is baffling, especially as Tesla fans and analysts claim that metrics like quarterly deliveries are no longer important. This seems like a way to boost sales short-term, and if so many people are encouraged about this offering, why would it be kept around for such a short period of time?
Some are even considering the potential that Tesla axes the Cybertruck program as a whole. Although Musk said during the recent Q4 Earnings Call that Cybertruck would still be produced, the end of the Model S and Model X programs indicates Tesla might be prepared to do away with any low-volume vehicles that do not contribute to the company’s future visions of autonomy.
The decision to axe the car just ten days after making it available seems like a true head-scratcher.
Elon Musk
Elon Musk’s Neuralink sparks BCI race in China
One of the most prominent is NeuroXess, which launched in 2021 and is already testing implants in patients.
Neuralink, founded by Elon Musk, is helping spark a surge of brain-computer interface (BCI) development in China, where startups are moving quickly into human trials with strong state backing.
One of the most prominent is NeuroXess, which launched in 2021 and is already testing implants in patients.
Neuralink’s clinical work and public demonstrations have drawn worldwide attention to invasive brain implants that allow patients to control digital devices using their minds. The company is currently running a global clinical trial and is also busy preparing for its next product, Blindsight, which would restore vision to people with visual impairments.
Neuralink’s visibility has helped accelerate similar efforts in China. Beijing last year classified brain-computer interfaces as a strategic sector and issued a roadmap calling for two or three globally competitive companies by 2030, as per the Financial Times. Since February last year, at least 10 clinical trials for invasive brain chips have launched in the country.
NeuroXess recently reported that a paralyzed patient was able to control a computer cursor within five days of implantation. Founder Tiger Tao credited government support for helping shorten the path from research to trials.
Investment activity has followed the policy push. Industry data show dozens of financing rounds for Chinese BCI startups over the past year, reflecting rising capital interest in the field. Ultimately, while Neuralink remains one of the most closely watched players globally, its momentum has clearly energized competitors abroad.
News
Tesla Supercharger vandalized with frozen cables and anti-Musk imagery amid Sweden union dispute
The incident comes amid Tesla’s ongoing labor dispute with IF Metall.
Tesla’s Supercharger site in Vansbro, Sweden, was vandalized during peak winter travel weeks. Images shared to local media showed frozen charging cables and a banner reading “Go home Elon,” which was complete with a graphic of Musk’s controversial gesture.
The incident comes amid Tesla’s ongoing labor dispute with IF Metall, which has been striking against the company for more than two years over collective bargaining agreements, as noted in a report from Expressen.
Local resident Stefan Jakobsson said he arrived at the Vansbro charging station to find a board criticizing Elon Musk and accusing Tesla of strikebreaking. He also found the charging cables frozen after someone seemingly poured water over them.
“I laughed a little and it was pretty nicely drawn. But it was a bit unnecessary,” Jakobsson said. “They don’t have to do vandalism because they’re angry at Elon Musk.”
The site has seen heavy traffic during Sweden’s winter sports holidays, with travelers heading toward Sälen and other mountain destinations. Jakobsson said long lines formed last weekend, with roughly 50 Teslas and other EVs waiting to charge.
Tesla Superchargers in Sweden are typically open to other electric vehicle brands, making them a reliable option for all EV owners.
Tesla installed a generator at the location after sympathy strikes from other unions disrupted power supply to some stations. The generator itself was reportedly not working on the morning of the incident, though it is unclear whether that was connected to the protest.
The dispute between Tesla and IF Metall centers on the company’s refusal to sign a collective agreement covering Swedish workers. The strike has drawn support from other unions, including Seko, which has taken steps affecting electricity supply to certain Tesla facilities. Tesla Sweden, for its part, has insisted that its workers are already fairly compensated and it does not need a collective agreement,
Jesper Pettersson, press spokesperson for IF Metall, criticized Tesla’s use of generators to keep charging stations running. Still, IF Metall emphasized that it strongly distances itself from the vandalism incident at the Vansbro Supercharger.
“We think it is remarkable that instead of taking the easy route and signing a collective agreement for our members, they are choosing to use every possible means to get around the strike,” Pettersson said.






